Oak Grove Cemetery - Whitewater, Wi


Oak Grove is the oldest cemetery in Whitewater.  It is also referred to as the Pioneer Cemetery.  There are civil war soldiers and revolutionary buried here. 


The Oak Grove Cemetery was plotted by Jarvis Pike, Asaph Pratt and Asad Williams in 1842 after Dr. James Trippe donated the land. Dr. Trippe was the second person to be buried there in 1844. Soon after, the land surrounding it was developed with homes. This necessitated laying out the Cemetery in 1858. Mr. George Esterly erected the archway to the cemetery in 1884. Many civil war markers can be found here.