This was the second school on the site. The first was a one room, frame building which was built in the 1850's and was used until it was outgrown in 1892. This first building was moved a couple times in town and was a blacksmith shop for many years and then moved again and is still in use today as a residence.
The current school house went up in 1892. It had 4 Classrooms and the entrance was on the south side of the building. Sometime later, there were enough students for high school and they put in an addition on the west side. Indoor plumbing was added with bathrooms in the basement then as well. In 1915, there was enough high school age students in the vicinity, that the high school was built.
The school house was used as the lower grade school until it was outgrown in and a new lower grade was built in the 1930's. Then it was used for additional classes and for band until 1971. After that, it was boarded up, a garage door was put in the north side and it was used as a warehouse for the school, storage for books, extra desks, etc.
In the 1970's, the historical society was formed and it's currently still in use today as the historical museum.
Knock and strange noise
Child or woman's voice
Knock and little kid voices
Moving objects 2
Knock - can you do that again?
Antioch School House - Antioch, IL
Copyright © US Paranormal Research. All rights reserved.